10 Design Features That Will Give Your Home the Hawaiian Feel
If you’re looking to give your home that Hawaiian feel, there are certain design features you should consider. Hawaii is known for its rich history and beautiful landscapes, so it’s no surprise that the style of homes on these islands is so popular. In this blog post, we’ll discuss 10 interior design features that will help you achieve a Hawaiian-inspired look in your home.
1. Natural Light: Hawaii is known for its bright, sunny days and the same can be said for many of the homes on these islands. To get that Hawaiian look, make sure you let in plenty of natural light into your home.
2. Open Floor Plan: Hawaii is all about living in a relaxed atmosphere and open floor plans are a great way to replicate that feeling. A house with an open-plan living room, kitchen, and dining area will give you the Hawaii vibe.
3. Tropical Accents: Incorporating tropical accents into your home décor is a must when trying to achieve the Hawaiian feel. Think bright colors, rattan furniture, tiki masks, tribal prints, and other items inspired by Hawaii’s culture and nature.
4. Natural Elements: Hawaii is known for its natural beauty so it’s important to incorporate elements of nature into your home décor as well. Try using bamboo or wicker furniture, indoor plants, decorative stones or shells for an authentic Hawaiian touch.
5. Indoor-Outdoor Living: Hawaii is all about living in harmony with nature, so bring in elements from the outdoors to your interior spaces. Try adding a wall of windows to let in more light or open up the space by adding an outdoor patio or balcony.
6. Hawaii Artwork: Hawaii is full of beautiful artwork and sculptures, so why not add some Hawaiian-inspired art to your home décor? Whether you choose a painting of a Hawaiian sunset or totem pole sculpture, it’s sure to give your home that Hawaii touch you’re looking for.
7. Rich Textures: Hawaii is known for its vibrant colors and textures, so make sure your furniture and décor reflect Hawaii’s unique style. Choose furniture with rich colors and textures, such as rattan or wood, to give your home an authentic Hawaii feel.
8. Bright Colors: Hawaii is all about bright, vibrant colors so make sure you incorporate them into your home décor. Whether it’s a pink sofa or turquoise walls, using the right colors will help you achieve the Hawaii vibe in any room of your house.
9. Natural Flooring: Hawaii is known for its sunny climate so hardwood floors are usually a popular flooring choice for homes on these islands. Carpeting may also be used but try to stay away from too much synthetic materials that can make a space seem stuffy.
10. Hawaii-Inspired Furniture: Hawaii is full of unique and interesting furniture pieces, so why not incorporate some into your home décor? Look for items such as a Hawaiian tiki bar or rattan chairs to add that Hawaii feel to any space in your house.
These are just some of the design features you should consider when trying to create a Hawaii-inspired look in your home. From natural elements to bright colors, these details will help you achieve the perfect Hawaii vibe in any room of your house. Get creative and have fun creating an interior space that’s sure to make all of your guests feel right at home!